|Indecision Origin of Pic|
Libra Indecision is legendary. Imagine how ridiculous it is when you have TWO Libras trying to come to a decision about how to spend the next six to nine months of our lives… when some days we can barely decide what to have for breakfast! Honestly I don’t know how we EVER get anything done… whenever there are two choices, Bruce and I vacillate back and forth, should we, should we not… I wish it were more simple, more finite!
When we arrived in Marathon, we had ditched our Bahamas plan. We weren’t going because of our insurance woes. But then, for some reason I can’t even remember, I kicked it into gear and got our insurance problems resolved and the Bahamas were back ON! Woo Hoo! We’re GOING! It made no difference that our original reason for NOT going was that we would only be able to spend 30 days there… and now we will have TWO months! We were excited to have a plan again…
And then the waiting began… We set our approximate departure date, we made lists, we ticked things off. We cleared the bikes and deck chairs off the deck, we fueled up, we bought extra water jugs… We provisioned… and we waited.
Every day we listened to Chris Parker the Weather Guru as he dashed our plans… time after time… day after day. We began to sulk and resent our forced stillness. It’s nobody’s fault, but it’s the damnedest luck! The winds are supposed to lay down and behave so that we can be on our way!!!
We sat here and watched a two week chunk being taken out of our Bahamas time. The new time allotment is beginning to look a lot like the previous time allotment of 30 days as we sit here and wait. Our growing frustration sparked our indecision up once again…
Maybe we should just skip it. We STILL regret rushing through the Mississippi Sound back in the winter when we were unable to visit so many of the islands there because of the howling North Wind. And the spots we did visit were spent hunkered down below trying not to become popsicles. Do we want to do the same again? Rush through the Cays and Isles of the Bahamas and see little because we need to make tracks in order to get to the Exumas and back to the US before July 15th, when storm (we don’t say the “H” word) season starts to heat up?
I want what I want when I want it! And that’s what was driving us there. We’re SUPPOSED to be going to the Bahamas… It’s why we’re HERE! But if there is one thing that all of this forced stillness is teaching me, it is patience. And that maybe I can’t HAVE what I want when I want it… Cruising is not like our old life when we could expect instant gratification. We have time, we take time, we need time… Sometimes even when we DON’T!
So, Bruce and I have once again performed a monumental and masterful feat of Libra Decision-making. We have reversed and revised our plans made and have made NEW ones… again. We want to do the Bahamas right. We want to slow down. We want to take our time and enjoy the places we visit. Yes, we could still make it to the Bahamas before storm season, but then we would be rushing for the rest of this year. And that just isn’t how we want to spend our TIME.
The new plan is this: We will wait out this current wind ridiculousness while making the final preparations for departure this week, and mosey down to the Dry Tortugas. Yes, the same Dry Tortugas that have been in and out of the plan since we left Corpus Christi… We will see them and then we will mosey back up the coast as far as we happen to get before it is TIME… to turn back South.
Maybe we’ll stop for a month or two if we find a spot we like. Maybe we will plug in the AC so we don’t have to swelter, maybe get some sewing done and some sight seeing… Maybe we’ll install a water maker so that I can worry less when we Get to the Bahamas about obtaining water. THEN we’ll follow the migration of boats to the Bahamas in the Fall/Winter.
Do we feel disappointed about our decision? Strangely… no. We’re excited and we feel like we’re being prudent and responsible instead of doing a reckless thing just because I WANT IT! We’ll get there… And it will be the right decision at the right time…